Yael Granot (1952, Haifa) founded Y.Y. Granot Architects together with Yaron Granot on 1984. She gained her Diploma in Architecture (with honors) from the faculty of Architecture and Town Planning at the Technion on 1978, and her master diploma (with honors) on 2007. Yael worked at Hirshhorn Architects (1977-1978), A. Gelfman Architects (1978-1979) and A. Rosoff Architects (1979-1984). She served in the military for two years in the Intelligence Corps.
Yaron Granot (1951, Kiryat Tivon) founded Y.Y. Granot Architects together with Yael Granot on 1984. He gained his Diploma in Architecture (with honors) from the faculty of Architecture and Town Planning at the Technion on 1979. Yaron worked at Gordon-Amar Architects (1978-1981) and he was partner at Y. Granot-M. Bar–Ner Architects. He served in the military for five years and reserve duty for fourteen years as a navigator of fighter jets in the Air-Force (rank – major).